Anti-corruption prosecutors under attack – a virtual #CoSP9 side event
16 December 2021 05:00 - 06:30Virtual Event | Organised by Basel Institute on Governance and Norway, on behalf of the Corruption Hunter Network | Held in in English
Contact details: [email protected]
Defending against authoritarianism
Anti-corruption prosecutors are under attack everywhere. They are threatened, exposed to undue influence or hindered by abusive defence strategies.
At a special event at the Conference of the States Parties to the UN Convention Against Corruption (UNCAC), a panel of international experts will discuss measures that different stakeholders must take to protect prosecutors, and by extension protect the Convention.
The event is organised by the Basel Institute on Governance and Norway on behalf of the Corruption Hunter Network. Due to recent travel restrictions, the special event has now gone fully virtual. It is open to all and free of charge.
- Gretta Fenner, Managing Director of the Basel Institute on Governance, will moderate a panel of experts from across the globe:
- Gary Balch, General Counsel, International Association of Prosecutors
- Greysa Barrientos Núñez, Senior Public Prosecutor, Costa Rica
- Hermione Cronje, Head, Investigating Directorate, National Prosecuting Authority, Pretoria, South Africa
- Simon Taylor, Director and Co-Founder, Global Witness
- H.E. Ms Emilie Enger Mehl, Minister of Justice of Norway, will make opening remarks.