Welcome to the January issue of the Summit4Democracy.org newsletter! Below are some of the updates:
- NSC Senior Director for Democracy Rob Berschinski gives a press briefing to preview the upcoming Summit for Democracy on March 29-30, 2023. Find it here.
- The Cohort on Deliberative Democracy and Citizens’ Assemblies will hold an official (online) launch event on the 17th January 2023 at 4:00PM CET. Sign up here.
- Coming soon: In advance of the second summit, the Financial Transparency and Integrity (FTI) Cohort will hold meetings on enablers and open contracting and procurement, as well as develop a set of key considerations for beneficial ownership reform and an FTI cohort call to action. For more information, contact: [email protected], [email protected] or [email protected].
- Accountability Lab Nepal is hosting a civil society advocacy meeting around priorities and accountability for the Government of Nepal as part of S4D2 in Kathmandu on January 20th- contact [email protected] if you’d like to be involved
- As part of the Year of Action, International IDEA has piloted Summit for Democracy research and engagement with citizens and civil society in four countries representing four continents: Kenya, Moldova, Nepal and Paraguay. Learn more here.